The Europa-Institut für Soziale Arbeit Berlin e.V. is an affiliated institute at the Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin. Our motto is >Intercultural networking<. We bring together students, practitioners and lecturers & professors of social work to discuss socio-political issues, social work problems and educational and social policy strategies and to develop European and international projects.
The focal points of our work are:
· Since 1996 we have been running our annual European Summer School for social work students from all European countries: In 2010 44 students from 24 countries took part; Theme: Human Trafficking.
· Since 2005, the Intercultural Evaluation Agency (iea) has been offering evaluation and scientific support for multi-ethnic practical projects.
· Since 2008 we have been supporting the fight against human trafficking: building and supporting European and international networks against and trafficking and forced labour. Promotion of public awareness on this topic.
· Initiation of the working group FIGHT and the art project www.1001001.eu
· Advice to various participants.
· Since 2009, our >European Education Agency< (EBBA) has been providing conceptual advice on study programmes, including project management and marketing.
· Since 2010 we offer interdisciplinary and participatory seminars in the fields of education, social work, Europe, interculturality, economic and social policy.
· Since 2010 offer for the development and realisation of cultural events, e.g. exhibitions, film screenings etc.